I'm not a history buff, far from it, but I admit that sometimes reading/watching stories will get yearning for some history. In short, the movies The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Counte of Monte Cristo, along with the Les Miserables book are making me need to learn more about the Revolutionary, French Revolution, whatever you want to call it. I have been BEGGING all my literary friends to let me know of a book, biography or not, about Napoleon but none have been able to offer me anything.
Let me put it this way, if anyone knows of a good book, I would ask for an easy read but I know that won't be possible, that can give me a nice picture of everything that happened I would appreciate it.
I will also state that this could be in the form of a fiction movie/novel. I, in fact, learned all about the civil war from a miniseries called The North And The South. Seriously. I liked the miniseries enough to make me google for additional information. Now I know Les Mis has some war history in it but, honestly, I kind got lost there. :\ It was beautifully written but I could not keep anything straight, I swear some information changed. ROFL. I know, it didn't, but it was a little hard for me. BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO DRAW A MAP ABOUT THAT AREA! Seriously. I was thinking of doing a topographical one but that would only do SO much, it really needs some pop out maps with better detail, at least of the significant places.
Okay, I think that's about it for now. I'll catch you all later, I have to get some more work done.
[wave]
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment