Why do 4-wheel drive vehicles feel it's necessary to slow down at railroad crossings? I'm pretty sure that the salesman has pointed out the oh so unnecessary feature of the 4 x 4, at least not necessary for what most people use it for. Sure, you bought it to look cool while you're taking your kid to soccer practice and see if you can help contribute to the greenhouse effect but I'd like to inform you that those vehicles are made to drive over rough terrain and, thus, it is completely possible to go over railroad tracks without slowing down. I know!
If only I had a rocket launcher installed on my car. I have to cross a set of tracks every time I go to visit my parents. Invariably I will be driving behind a SUV, once it was even a Hummer - I kid you not, and they slow down to a crawl to cross the tracks. Meanwhile, the car next to them that is held together with string cheese and toothpicks rolls on over at 40 mph.
Pinto - 1
H3 - 0
As a side note, Gene Simmons just won 500,000 for a pediatric foundation on "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader". Gene Simmons, lead singer of KISS, just proved he's not a moron. Rock on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment