Friday, January 22, 2010

And thou shalt be a moron...

I try, I really try not to put down other people and their religious beliefs but Pat Robertson has got to be one of the most stupid people on the planet. I say stupid instead of ignorant because he claims to know the bible but he obviously has no idea of what it actually says.

The situation in Haiti is horrendous and my heart goes out to everyone involved. Mr Robertson's comments on Haiti were thus:

"They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal [...] ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other."


/sic

[facepalm] Is he, in effect, saying that this is God's retribution to an entire country? Really? Seriously? [double facepalm]

James 1:13 "...For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone."
Ecclesiastes 9:11 "...time and unforseen occurrence befall them all."

Yes, before anyone else says this, I understand God has wrath and has used that against wicked people in the past but only during judgment times and only on the wicked, and this isn't it. ;)

My apologies, I just needed to vent this into the open. I could have said a lot more but I tried to tame it down. [laughing]

1 comment:

Farsky said...

Isn't this the same idiot who made similarly horrible remarks about 9/11? Even *back* when I was a Baptist I wanted to smack this guy into Dante's hell.