Saturday, January 23, 2010

The new gyn...

Okay, come on girls, tell me you don't hate it when your gynecologist retires. This just happened to me. My gynecologist that I have had for years just retired, and he was awesome. He knew how to make you relax. He knew I hated having it done, he was very careful about keeping you as covered as possible and trying to distract you from what was happening. Then he retires...[faint]

A younger man replaces him. [blushes] Not that the new doctor wasn't nice, he was, but this first visit is a nightmare. I try to make a joke out of it but how do you do this? Do you shake his hand and say, "Hello doctor, nice to meet you. My name is Tory and this is my vagina, the one you will be seeing today..." I mean, seriously?!?

So I animated this in my head and had to share it. To all those women out there, you can empathize with this. To all the men, I'm sorry if this embarrasses you nephew, take note of all the fun you are missing. [eyeroll] Believe me, the prostate exam is NOTHING compared to this!

Photobucket

2 comments:

MichelleW said...

ROFL! Actually, I started out with a female OBGYN but she was a heartless b*tch and pretty cold (no, not her hands). Anyway, I switched to a man. Granted he wasn't a young god or anything, but he took better care of me. Rather it felt more natural, lol. Anyway, I can understand your mortification, but seriously, with legs up in stirrups, it's best to go to a very happy place ;)

I'm sorry if this embarrasses you nephew, take note of all the fun you are missing. [eyeroll] Believe me, the prostate exam is NOTHING compared to this!

[dies laughing] i can't wait to hear what Far will say about that. Probably something snarky.

Great drawing, you need to make a weekly comic strip about the things that mortify us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJbI2-bCzY

Tory said...

And NO, I did NOT need a reference for this...

Maybe I'm actually getting better at drawing, lol.